Our client a well-established group of companies in East Africa is seeking to fill the role of a Project Manager for its Real Estate and Hotel Business.
The Project Manager will push each project through its critical path to closing, managing the review of due diligence and financial underwriting, the land entitlement process, design-development, financial closing, as well as providing oversight during construction, and lease-up.
Projects will involve both the new construction of multifamily family and senior developments as well as the substantial rehabilitation of existing large scale buildings.
The Project Manager will be tasked with a duty to:
· Inspect properties and draft job proposals and accurate scopes of work in a timely manner,
· Negotiate and execute contracts and change orders,
· Assume responsibility for profitability and the maintenance of job budgets,
· Negotiate, execute and prepare work orders, subcontracts, and purchase orders,
· Set standards for high quality workmanship and assist in worker development and performance,
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Manage new construction and / or rehab development projects from financial award through stabilized occupancy;
2. Lead and manage a team of professionals and partners – client, contractor, civil engineer, architect, technical consultants, partnership attorney, lender, investor etc. – to stated timelines.
3. Negotiate contracts with third party professionals associated with the project.
4. Proactively manage project budgets, critical path timelines, schedules and milestones to stated goals.
5. Lead teams of stakeholders to confirm all due diligence items including title, survey, environmental review, soil conditions, site planning, market strength, and operating expenses for each project.
6. Define and manage the land entitlement process in order to secure permits;
7. Lead project teams, consisting of design professionals and general contractor to prepare and price construction plans and specifications in accordance with regulatory obligations.
8. On rehabilitation jobs, lead the design professionals to establish the appropriate scope work based on need, budget constraints, and financing requirements.
9. Manage the interior design process in accordance with regulatory commitments and partner needs; hire interior designer and oversee selection of finishes, furniture, artwork and accessories.
10. Make presentations to clients, City/ County Planning Commissions, Boards, etc. as necessary to further a project.
11. Continually identify and pursue sources of gap financing for a project; Work with the finance staff to underwrite a project and define a mutually agreed upon structure for debt, equity and soft funding sources; Lead the project team to achieve financial closing on all sources of funding on a project.
12. Facilitate communication and relationship-building across internal departments and between external stake holders to improve the quality of a development and to ensure positive outcomes. Lead interdepartmental team meetings.
13. Management and training of other development project managers and development coordinators.
14. Ensures a safe work environment and all work is conducted within the provided safety policies/ guidelines
15. Verifies and approves contractor timesheets
16. Takes detailed notes of job execution detailing headcount, issues, conflicts, change orders and performance
· Bachelor’ Degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture, or equivalent
· 10 - 15 progressive experience project management for large scale commercial and residential projects