Our client a horticulture, processing and packaging company in the outcasts of Nairobi is seeking to fill the role of Nurse. The successful candidate will be tasked with a duty to ensure the wellbeing and overall health of employees.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Provide health care, first aid, immunizations, and vaccinations employees as needed.
· Prescribe or recommend drugs, medical devices, or other forms of treatment; physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures.
· Assess and determine the health status of the employee and make recommendation for sick offs/leave & Referrals
· Administer medications to Sick Employees and monitor progress
· Monitor, record, and report symptoms or changes in patients’ conditions
· Perform physical examinations, make tentative diagnoses, and treat sick employees en route to hospitals.
· Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records and submit termly reports
· Coordinate emergency evacuation for sick persons to hospitals and update the Management & Families accordingly.
· Prepare purchase or requisition of medicines as necessary to ensure availability of all medical supplies.
· Maintain all employees medical and other similar records.
· Schedule and implements annual/ periodical/ special examination of employees
· Share public awareness information and provide advice employees & management on control of infectious diseases.
· Diploma in Nursing from KMTC or any other recognized institution.
· 5 years’ experience as a health care practitioner with 2 years’ experience in the estate/ factory/farm environment
· Licensed by the Nursing Council of Kenya
· Other relevant certifications in Counseling, HIV/AIDS, Drugs and Substance abuse prevention