Our client a group Manufacturing Group in East Africa is currently seeking to fill the role of a Civil Engineer.
The Civil Engineer will provide leadership to the business through effective development and maintenance of the Permanent Way so as to ensure that safety, health and environmental protection are fully integrated.
S/He will provide expertise on the design, planning and management of civil construction projects, covering all types of residential and commercial construction, particularly in the area of large, public infrastructure projects
· Participate in the formulation of infrastructural plans, the setting of maintenance standards, specifications, procedures and policies, and ensure compliance and implementation.
· Prepare engineering documents by developing construction specifications, plans, and schedules.
· Ensure adherence to construction specifications and safety standards by monitoring project progress; inspecting construction site; verifying calculations and placements.
· Manage the maintenance and repair of the permanent way and monitoring progress during each phase of a project by enforcing project and operational policies and procedures to ensure maximum output, availability and reliability at minimum cost and in accordance with the laid down standards and objectives.
· Develop new designs for infrastructure and provide professional guidance, manage new capital projects and ensure planning, designing and implementation is carried out within approved budgets, specifications and schedules.
· Prepare engineering design by collecting and studying reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photographs and tests on soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and related topographical and geologic data.
· Ensure project feasibility through continual evaluation of structural integrity, design practicality, materials, costs and time requirements
· Assessing the project sites, environmental impact and risks associated
· Preparing bids for tenders, and reporting to clients, public agencies and planning bodies
· Determines project costs by calculating labor, material, and related costs.
· Making sure sites meet legal guidelines, and health and safety requirements.
· A degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
· 5 Years continuous experience in industrial Environment
· Experience in civil work and steel structure work
· Experience in drawing the layouts and flow charts in AutoCAD and other