Our client a Manufacturing Group in East Africa is currently seeking to fill the role of a Turbine Operator.
The Turbine Operator will monitor the on line boiler system and its supporting equipment, make adjustments, perform tests, and take action as necessary to provide uninterrupted steam for Industrial Operations.
· Provide Steam Turbine operation and maintenance services that sustain reliable generation of quality steam.
· Carrying out routine Turbine maintenance to maintain highest efficiency and reliability
· Preparing the Turbine for statutory inspections as per OSHA requirements
· Monitor power plant equipment and indicators to detect evidence of operating problems
· Regulate equipment operations and conditions, such as water levels, based on instrument data or from computers
· Make adjustments or minor repairs, such as tightening leaking gland and pipe joints
· Record and compile operational data by completing and maintaining forms, logs, or reports
· Receive outage calls and call in necessary personnel during power outages and emergencies
· Take regulatory action, based on readings from charts, meters and gauges, at established intervals
· Start or stop generators, auxiliary pumping equipment, turbines, or other power plant equipment as necessary
· Inspect, trouble-shoot, and repair generators, auxiliary pumping equipment, turbines, or other power plant equipment as necessary
· Control or maintain auxiliary equipment, such as pumps, fans, compressors, condensers, feed water heaters, filters, or chlorinators, to supply water, fuel, lubricants, air, or auxiliary power
· Clean, lubricate, or maintain equipment, such as generators, turbines, pumps, or compressors, to prevent failure or deterioration
· Diploma in Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical)
· 5 years of experience in steam turbines, mechanical problems, troubleshooting and repair preferably in Energy Generation Environment
· Strong background in preventive/predictive and corrective maintenance.